We are also taking a step back in connection with the global spread of the COVID-19 (Corona) virus. Below our hopefully temporarily changed offer, and some Ayurvedic tips to get through this period healthy:
The group activities (yoga classes, training sessions and workshops) continue in a scaled-down version. We adhere to the current RIVM guidelines. In this way, the risk of spreading will be less.
Individual appointments (consultations and treatments) continue at our locations in Groningen and Winschoten. Feel flu-like or your resistance is low, then the advice is: stay at home and rest well.
In de Practice we pay extra attention to this period aan everything in the field of hygiene and immune strengthening.
– Adapt to the circumstance;
– Take plenty of rest (also mentally, so don't panic!);
– Regularity. Sleep and eat on time. The Ayurvedic morning routine (including meditation, tongue cleaning, nose cleaning and self-massage) is highly recommended.
– Note hygiene. Wash your hands regularly and take a shower in the morning. Also try to go to the toilet regularly and wash your hands with soap;
– Watch your diet. It should be high in fibre (fruit and vegetables). Sufficient vitamins in particular vit. C and minerals contribute to the proper functioning of the immune system. Broth (meat) with some salt works restorative. Green bitter vegetables are blood-purifying and good for the stomach;
– Provide sufficient moisture (drink hot water regularly, possibly with ginger or lemon);
– Provide enough heat in your body;
– Provide plenty of fresh air, also indoors. The sun (light) is essential for our health;
– Spices: turmeric, Ginger, black pepper, Cinnamon. These are all anti-inflammatory, Expectorant, blood-purifying, increasing digestion. Sage is disinfecting. Liquorice and thyme slime dissolving and soothing. Eucalyptus good for the airways;
– And last but not least: Relax and trust yourself!
Recipe for a vitamin ginger shot to dispel colds and flu
- 100 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 25 gr freshly grated ginger
- Put all the ingredients in a blender until the honey is completely dissolved.